Monday, December 3, 2012

Whitney the other day

I'm out of space for pictures, so until I figure out how to fix that, I can't catch up about Thanksgiving.  But I do have stories about Whitney from a few days ago.

The other night right before dinner, I had to put Whitney in time-out for hitting Katelyn.  Then I busily finished preparing dinner, Eric let her out of time-out, and a few minutes later we ate.  Fast forward an hour to the next time I entered my bedroom, and my shoes were all out of my shoe holder, flung about the room, the picture frames on my cedar chest were face-down, and a box of stuff that had been on the chest was now in the bathtub.  What?  Instinctively I called "Whit-ney!"and yes, she had done it. "I was just mad at you mom for the time-out.  I'm not mad anymore!" She helped me clean them up, but I just couldn't help thinking, "what is she going to do when she's a teenager??"  and that reminded me of a conversation we had earlier in the day.  She had done 5 chores to earn a movie, and she picked Peter Pan.  So after the movie she was telling me about Never Land
W: "It's 2 rights, and then a left to get there."
Me: "The second star to the right and straight on 'til morning?"
W: yeah, and when you go there, you never have to grow up!
Me: oh yeah, if you stay there forever.
W: no, even if you come back, you still don't have to grow up!  I don't want to grow up.  I really don't want to be a teenager.
Me: (laughing) I really don't want you to be a teenager either!

Also that same day, she called me a "poop", and I tried to get out a couple of responses without laughing, but my lips were quivering as I stared at her angry face, and finally the laugh just burst out of me and she busted up too and it was great to be laughing with her.

Oh, my Whitney girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the things kids say! I'm not looking forward to the teenage years either. Alessia so far is my tough one. She and I are a little too much alike.

    ReplyDelete