Thursday, July 5, 2012

summer fun and family reunion

more summer happenings...
the girls are taking a sports class and one week they did golf, so of course we had to go miniature golfing...
 silly whit
 she got sick of holding the club correctly
 we had science camp and did lots of fun food experiments- here is dyeing celery and making a sugar crystal.
we went to the Hansen Family Reunion in Hiko, Nevada- the land of my forefathers!  I promised Eric he didn't have to go again, but he wanted to be with us and I love him so much for it!  The reunion is full of things that are unpleasant for him (HEAT, communal meals, chatting with random distant relatives) or awkward for him (family testimony meetings... :)) but he did have fun overall!
We swam in the hot springs... (thanks to Melissa the official family photographer for most of these pictures!)


 I got to see my Katrina- I miss having her close by!!

 love this cute pic by Melissa!
 the girls had lots of cousin time because Natalie came with my family!!  Yay!!
 Phillip brought a cool game called Cub.  
 Obviously Eric was up for a game.  and he won a few times!
 Everyone loved Owen, and he was so cute and smiley and loved them back. :)  Especially when a certain uncle gave him a bite of a root beer float... :)

 We got to see more of this little cutie- love her!  little Lydia.
 Owen put on a rolling show
 and tried to stay out of the sun
 I got to hang out with 5 of my siblings= awesome!  Weird that Melissa's not in any of these pics because she was taking them- I got to spend a lot of quality time with her and it was great!
 It was a wonderful weekend.
cute girl swinging
 Owen and uncle Derek having naptime
 Aunt Jenae doing what Aunts do best- hanging out with the nieces!
 and randomly last- Kate lost her second tooth last night while brushing her teeth!  It got stuck in the toothbrush!  woo-hoo.


2 comments:

  1. I love your kids! Owen is so expressive and it looked like your girls had lots of fun at the reunion playing in the water. Love the science camp/history camp idea--your kids are lucky to have such a great mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you came, thank you for the sacrifice!!!!it was great to be with you! I love the My Katrina comment :)

    ReplyDelete