Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Murray Day

I sadly did not get any pictures of Happy Murray Day! But it was fun! Katelyn got the Masterpiece Murray Award, for her very detailed and beautiful drawings of late. (Whitney's drawing skills have exploded in the last couple of weeks actually- she is doing really well!) And Whitney got the Movie Murray Award, because she loves movies so much that she is willing to work very hard for them! Except for special occasions, if Whitney ever wants to watch a movie, she has to do 5, yes FIVE chores. I purposely set the bar so high to discourage movie-watching, but sometimes she just amazes me with her energy and focus as (for example) she does dishes and helps me clean her room and the toy room and both bathrooms in order to watch a movie!

For our Murray celebration we went out to dinner, and then were going to see How I Became a Pirate, a Theater for Young Audiences production at the SCERA. During dinner though, I remembered that I left our tickets at home! So Eric jumped in the car to drive all the way back home, and I got on the phone trying to find out if we could get in without the tickets. 15 minutes later I finally discovered we could get in, but by then the girls and I decided to walk the half-mile to the theater and meet Eric there. So it became a fun and memorable adventure walking down State Street in Orem at night, at least it wasn't too cold! It did rain a little though, and we ran for a minute, and someone stopped to offer us a ride a block from our destination. Then we met Eric and got to enjoy the awesome play. It was the second show we have seen there and it was great, very high quality. So much fun, great songs and age-appropriate acting. Whitney was smiling and laughing in delight the whole time, clapping and dancing on the floor in our row during the musical numbers. Katelyn just stared and smiled. We love theater!!
Anyway, it was a fun night.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! for happy Murray day, it sounds fun, and creative awards. Are you keeping track of which awards you have already given out? I know have a central list for use when planning each year.

    ReplyDelete