Sunday, October 16, 2011

Goblin Valley again

We enjoyed a trip to Goblin Valley again this year. Next year we are going to a forest though! I need some pine trees around me to really feel like I'm camping.

As soon as we got there the girls started climbing around on this formation which was about 3 feet from our campsite. (I love having 3 and 5 year old children that I don't have to worry too much about!) Eric joined them as soon as we got things set up! He lives to climb (and jump around on) rocks.
The three of them up on a ledge that made me nervous- although lots of things make me nervous in my pregnant state. I didn't climb around too much because I don't have great balance right now!
The next morning we went exploring in the valley of the goblins, and found our way to some cool parts we hadn't seen last year. One of our favorites was this turtle!
Some of the coolest things we found were caves! This is in the back of one cave, so fun! It had a tiny whole with light coming in so it wasn't totally dark in there.
In the mouth of the cave

Me and Whitney and my little belly!
I love camping- sleeping in a tent, singing around the campfire, cooking delicious beef and veggie kabobs over the fire, obviously making smores, and star gazing! Me and Katelyn saw a shooting star, and Eric and I enjoyed looking at constellations and planets with the help of his stargazer app. :) Good times together on our last time camping without a baby for a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment