Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mexico

We made it! Our first long vacation on our own since our honeymoon, and this was 2 days longer than our honeymoon! Yeah baby. We stayed at an all-inclusive hotel a few miles north of Puerto Vallarta. This is us on our balcony right after we got there. We were ready to hit the beach!
The morning of the second day, right before kayaking. And before I got burnt. :)
And here is what we spent at least half of our time doing- READING! By the pool, on the beach, on our balcony, it was so relaxing to be uninterupted, warm, sipping a strawberry slush, dozing, talking, oh so nice. We each read two books!
Our amazing balcony, it was HUGE! It made me feel like we were all alone, not surrounded by hundreds of people. It also felt luxurious.
I really enjoyed the foliage at our hotel, all kinds of stuff that does not grow in Utah! Love this pretty plant.
The plaza of our hotel.
Awesome classic Mexican pink area in the lobby of our hotel.
One day we took a bus into the city- it was an adventure! I loved it because that's how I got around when I spent 2 months in Guadalajara when I was in college. So it was fun for me even though it was hot and we had to wait an hour for the bus back to our hotel and Eric was frustrated because we weren't sure we were waiting in the right spot... anyway it was the only stressful thing on our trip and we went right back to being blissfully relaxed when we got back to the hotel. :) I took this picture of Eric in Puerto Vallarta when we sat down to eat a popcicle, and it pretty much describes Mexico to me! sitting by a peeling-paint concrete building eating a paleta.
I loved these random bright flags.
This is so Eric. sticking his big foot in my cute foot picture.
Sunset pictures! We got the sun in this one, but we were so far apart!
So then we got this one, aww.

We sat and watched this every night.
ahh, boogie boarding. How I love it. And how I felt like a cool American who actually knows how to do it. For hours and hours!
Us on the plaza at night- this picture doesn't do it justice. It was really pretty all lit up.
If you didn't know, I frequently call Eric "Pacha", an old Emperor's New Groove reference. So this was his disco apparently. It was the one at our resort, but we never went in, it didn't even open until 11 pm! And we like sleeping more than dancing.
And at last, here is my wound! Our last morning we went out for one more chance at boogie boarding. A big wave grabbed me and slammed me into the ground headfirst, and like sandpaper it scraped off a patch of skin and hair! Sadly that's the side I usually part my hair on, so I've had to switch sides until (hopefully!!) my hair grows back! But for now I have a nice little bald spot to remember Mexico by. :)
Ahh, Mexico. I love Eric so much, and it was so nice to remember how perfectly Eric and I get along and how much fun we can have when we have no stress! Obviously that's not real life, but I am determined to take back a little of that peace and carefree fun attitude into our normal lives! A large amount of my stress is self-induced I believe, so I am working on allowing my self to be as relaxed and happy as I was there. I know it can't be all the time, but I can improve!
Thanks to Katrina, Phillip, and Mary for watching the girls- they had the time of their lives!
The end.

6 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you got to do this!! it was fun to see the pictures and hear the stories here and in person! good luck on that relaxing at home part =o]

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally!!! you look like you had a lot of fun :) So happy you could relax with your husband in such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome place! I had the time of "my" life playing with Katelyn and Whitney while you were gone. Plan another trip---I'm here to help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Jealous...We're hoping for our 10 year we can get somewhere. Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo fun! Glad you could go, and I'm sure your hair is growing back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome trip! Love the sunset pictures. What a gorgeous place to spend time in!

    ReplyDelete