Sunday, May 8, 2011

Easter Sunday

These were the best pictures I could get of the girls in their beautiful Easter dresses!



Easter Sunday was really special this year. All week we had been reading the story of the last week of the Savior's life from the scriptures, and then Sunday morning we read about the Resurrection with my family. Katrina and Phillip had spent the night too. When we were reading Katelyn and Whitney were really quiet and good and it felt good to all read the scriptures together. Then everyone came to our church meetings with us, and the speakers and music in sacrament were great. Then I was in charge of sharing time and my Dad and Donny and my friend Melanie helped me tell the story of the Resurrection by dressing up as Mary Magdalene, Peter, and Andrew and each giving their witness of the Resurrection of Christ. I dressed as a Nephite and told my story too, and I was way more emotional than I thought I'd be! And then we all sang together "I know that My Redeemer Lives". All the kids in Primary were SO quiet and reverent and paying attention, I was so happy that they could learn and feel the true spirit of Easter. It was cool to do that with my Dad and brother too.
It was a good Easter Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. they are growing up so fast!! they are such cute sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish i could have seen it!!! and i'm so glad we got to do the stories all week too.

    ReplyDelete