Friday, July 10, 2015

We Heart Water!


 Ah, swimming lessons, always a highlight of the summer!  This year we picked the hottest 2 weeks of the year to do them, hooray!  It was seriously 100* or more almost every day, perfect.
Katelyn LOVES to swim.  LOVES it.  I'm so happy about her growing confidence.  She rocked level 4 and hopefully in the near future will be able to swim the length of the pool without stopping to hold onto the lane line at all; then she can try the swim team!

 Nice freestyle-

 sweet crooked backstroke (just like me!)
 putting on her flippers!
 Whitney was in a spot for her lessons that was really hard to photograph!  Here she is raising her hand.  She is doing GREAT too.  She did awesome at level 3 this year.
 And I was proud of Owen for becoming more comfortable in the water-- at the beginning he didn't want to get in at all, and I was afraid that because it wasn't me teaching him he was going to freak out and refuse to participate.  But I only had to stay with him for about 2 minutes of the first lesson, and after that he was fine!  This is his teacher trying to get him to lay on his back haha.  At least he had fun!
 And I got to do Mom and me with Miss Adorable, who LOVES the water!  She was totally fine with getting dunked and had a great time.
And speaking of adorable, check out these two.
 our meeting spot after everyone's class:
 being silly!

 and re-inacting a locker picture from 2 years ago- I can't believe the girls still fit in them!  Maris refused to go in of course.


And here's the random intermission from the rest of the post: Our new dentist in Salem has this giant family exam room!  I never thought I'd have 3 kids getting their teeth cleaned together, it was cracking me up.
 But it worked!  Because Owen was right next to his sisters, he did great on his first dentist visit!  And all 3 of them have NO CAVITIES.... a miracle!
Here's 4 shots of Maris at 13 months:  
Her adorable good morning face and hair!
 We were reading scriptures on our front porch and I looked down to see her stealing all the watermelon!  She would take a bite of one, drop it, then take another piece.
cowgirl Maris- she will only wear hats for a few seconds, but I keep trying because they are so cute!
She loves to help with the laundry, it's so cute!  She's way into taking things in and out of containers right now. And she's walking a lot faster!  And I swear she can say "go", "out", "kay" for Kate, and "ow-wuh" for Owen!
Okay back to the water.  We went swimming with Eric:
 Eric trying to handle all 4 kids in the water while I take a picture= crazy.  Owen almost drowned.
 How many selfies can I take with this girl?  A lot apparently.  If I had had front cameras on my old phones I would have taken more with all the other kids too! :)
 Kate and Whit on the lazy river.  I love when they get along!!

And yay we got to do another of our favorite summer activities: boating at Pineview with Grandma and Grandpa!
 Enjoying the sand- Owen played in the sand for literally hours.

 While Maris and I did this for hours!
 The girl loves being in the water!
 This picture made me laugh.
 The kids all loved Grandma and Grandpa's water squirters,
 and loved to get Mom with them!
 They rolled around in the sand and said the dirt was their armor lol.  They do look tough!
 The big girls and Eric had races down the hill into the water.
 Another one.  #can'tstopwon'tstop
 The girls swam out a little to get away from Owen squirting them haha.
 Grandpa took a turn walking with Maris!
 This is a picture of her delightedly falling into the water while I was trying to take a picture of her!  If we don't hold onto her she just walks right out into the deep and falls and goes under.  Over and over and doesn't care!  I'm glad she's brave but it's a little scary!
Whitney stomach-boarded a little but then wanted to try real knee-boarding.  She couldn't get up the first couple of times and was tired and wanted to be done, but then she tried one more time and did it!

look at that proud smile!

 Owen is still a little nervous on the boat.  He cautiously enjoyed it.
 Maris liked the tube, but mostly wanted to crawl off into the water.

Another random picture, this time of the sunrise on the day before the summer solstice. :)

 And my race!  
 It's so exciting waiting for it to start!  The nervous energy of thousands of people is so fun to me. :)
 About a half mile in.  a huge line of colorful people in the beautiful mountains!
 At the end!  It was a great race, I loved it.  at mile 5 I felt great and started counting my "kills"- 215 in the last 8 miles! Most came after we exited the canyon at mile 8.  The circus peanuts were my secret weapon again!  And I rocked the last mile.  time was 1:42:08, so only 3 minutes slower than my awesome PR race 2 years ago.  I was hoping to break 1:50, secretly hoping to break 1:45, so 1:42 was great and I was really proud of myself for being able to be that fast again, that's a 7:48 min/mile average!  Considering I run 10 minutes per mile usually (12 with the stroller haha), I was really happy.  I chalk it up to good speed workouts, proper peaking of training, the downhill course, good racing habits, and the adrenaline/aid stations of the race.  And I"m just good at pushing myself.  I am fast haha.
 Also we got to see my Grandparents!
 And we went to another splash park. 
 Can you spot Katelyn?  the tall one in pink!
 Maris let Whitney take her in since I was in regular clothes.
And summer's not even half over, there's so much more fun to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment