Tuesday, April 21, 2015

March and Easter

Easter picture! Taken the week before Easter because Easter was General Conference.  Owen's the only one who got new Easter clothes this year, because the girls are all getting dresses for Derek's wedding.  But they looked beautiful in Kate's baptism dress, Whitney in a hand-me-down from our old neighbors in Santaquin, and Maris in the dress Whitney wore for Ryan and Cortnee's wedding 6 1/2 years ago!  Also I should have taken the picture before church when Owen's hair was nicely done, or the next week after I had cut it!  Oh well, still an adorable picture.
 Maris in her Easter attire.  Her hair is getting longer and thicker!
 nice close-up of Owen haha.
 Easter bunny day!
 Maris was thrilled with her first Easter!
 and now Owen's got a haircut!
 "I found an egg, Mom!"
 uh-oh, an egg spilled :)
 Whitney and Katelyn with the eggs they dyed.

 And then Maris' achievement for March- standing up!  
 Such a big girl!  

Sadly though learning to stand up was a little disruptive to her sleep for the first couple of weeks.  Anytime she rolled onto her stomach-- in her sleep or while she was trying to go to sleep, she would automatically get up on her hands and knees, sit up, and then pull herself up to stand!  I wanted her to learn to just sit and lay back down, so the first few times I would go in and show her how to do it, but eventually I just had to let her cry and make her figure it out!  It only took 2 or 3 times of this, but it's so sad/cute when they fall asleep standing/sitting up!  Also it was so surprising to me the first couple of times I would go in to get her in the night or when she woke up in the morning and she would be standing up.  She is growing up WAY to fast!  My little sweet girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment