Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Rise and Shout!

I now have 2 more siblings in college!!  Melissa and Jonathan made their way up to BYU-Idaho to start their college careers last week!  And they were kind enough to stop by for a visit.  They made friends with Owen again...
 and wrestled with the girls...
 And we even got to hang out with my Grandad, who is SO cute with kids!  Sorry I didn't get any pictures of you Mom!

Then last weekend I played with the settings on my camera during a photography class at my stake Relief Society Retreat.  This is with a lower aperture:
 normal aperture:
 low aperture and flash and portrait setting:
 regular aperture and flash:
 very interesting... I need to experiment more, before I get a nicer camera someday maybe. :)

And then we went to the BYU game!!  Woo hoo!  First time for the kids, except Kate when she was really little.  Whit was rebelling against taking a family picture, surprise, surprise.
 Whitney even brought her pom-poms so she could cheer more effectively. :)  Her favorite parts of the game were when everyone would stomp and cheer loudly when we were trying to stop Weber on a third down. She would excitedly stomp as fast as she could!
 We loved sitting by Uncle Derek!  Oh how we love having him close by at BYU!
 Owen had a great time seeing his first touchdowns inside the stadium!
 Kate's favorite parts of the game were when we got to sing the fight song, and I think she liked the band too.
 caught this touchdown run on camera!
 touchdown!
 "rah, rah, rah rah rah!"
 "gooooooooo, cougars!"
 good times!  we will only do that once a year though, I was amazed we made it through the whole game, since the girls started asking when it was going to be over at the end of the first quarter!  
And we won 45-13, I love BYU football!

No comments:

Post a Comment