Thursday, June 21, 2012

our summer so far

We have been doing a lot of Star Wars watching, and acting out:
 including using the Force!
 I have repeatedly, constantly, found Katelyn in this position- or on her tummy or back.  She didn't even notice me taking this picture.  It's so crazy to me that she loves to read so much at this point.  To me reading= thinking, and I can't believe all the ideas that she must have bouncing around in her head!
 The other day Kate made this sign for Eric and put it on the door in the garage so he'd see it when he got home:
 And then it cracked us up because a couple of hours later Eric told the girls they couldn't watch Star Wars because they hadn't done any chores.  They disappeared for a while, and then we found this 6-paper creation placed in the hallway upstairs for him to find:
 "We are mad at you Dad" with tons of angry faces drawn in!  They got over it pretty quickly, maybe because they had gotten all their anger out while making the sign!

Here's Whitney being Whitney!  She begged me to take a random picture of her with some stuff.
 So then I took a random picture of me and my boy, undone hair and all.  I love my Owen!
 Owen has learned to stand on Eric's hand, and they do it every day!  He smiles so big like he's so proud of himself every time!
 Owen got to meet Grandpa Murray!  We love summer when we get to see the Murrays lots!
 The girls and I had our own "Art Camp"- for a week we did two art projects a day.  It ended up being less work and mess than I expected, which was great, and they loved it, which was also great!  Here they are with a few of their favorites.  And yes, Katelyn is wearing a dragon costume.
 We've gotten to see our newest cousin a few times- Meet Cleo Scarlett Murray!  She is so tiny and CUTE!
 Whitney loves babies, and she's very confident (maybe TOO confident!) holding them.
 We got out the "fun chair", as we call it, for Owen.  He enjoys playing with all the toys, and talking to the pictures of his aunts and uncles- here he is smiling at Aunt Melissa. :)
 Katelyn is getting better and better at playing with Owen!  Whitney used to be the favorite because she was always up in his face, but she's been kind of loudly emotional lately and I think he's a little scared of her sometimes!  So he seems to enjoy Katelyn's calmer ways, and she has responded by playing with him more. I am loving watching my children's relationships grow!
 And in our latest installment of Acting Out the Scriptures, you can see Helaman (Whitney) and the 2(,000) stripling warriors.  Me and Kate were the mothers/Lamanites.  Good times!
a swimming post and cute video to follow!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing =o] i can't wait until the day when natalie and caleb make an angry sign for kent ha ha

    ReplyDelete