Thursday, March 24, 2011

more sewing

These are my February projects. I love Katelyn's picture-taking skills here. Yes she was laying in her bed sick with a cough and I made her take a picture of me! And I discovered I look really skinny from this angle when I suck in my gut! Sweet! Don't worry, I'm really not that skinny at all. But ANYWAY, this shirt is made from parts of 4 other shirts that were stained or too short. I'm totally wearing it for the 4th of July.
I just love the seams on the outside!
Next here's my latest pride and joy. Eric was cleaning out his side of the closet and he came out with a bag full of clothes... which I quickly confiscated and rummaged through and came out with several refashioning idea treasures!! One of which was this sweater I bought him years ago because he looks good in sweaters, haha.
I had seen a tutorial on makeit-loveit for a girl's sweater-dress, and this is what I came up with! Yay!
I was thrilled that I could make these amazing flowers out of bits of sweater, so fun.


And it looks great on Kate! (It looks cuter on her when her hair is actually done. :) )

Then Katelyn helped me make this skirt, and it was really fun for both of us.
The flowers that I just can't stop making!
and there you have it.
P.S. I know I have been mostly making things for Katelyn, but Whitney has more clothes than she'll ever need and actually, all these clothes WILL eventually be Whitney's! Awesome.

5 comments:

  1. okay that sweater is SOOO cute!! good job, i need to develop some sewing/refashioning skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh i am so excited for you to teach me! you are so pretty. and katelyn is turning into a little lady for sure =o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo impressed! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative and cute! You are quite the talented lady.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I love that you actually DO all this stuff! I always have grand plans for things but they tend to stay in my mind. Mind sharing some of that energy with me? :-)

    ReplyDelete