Wednesday, February 9, 2011

January crafts

And here's what I have been doing in January! Crafts! My first sparks of inspiration came from www.u-createcrafts.com and www.makeit-loveit.com. And I went from there! The first thing that got me excited was re-making old clothes. I love to sew, especially without a pattern when I'm just making stuff up, just going for it and seeing if it works! So this was perfect for me.

Sewing projects:
First was this dress for katelyn, made out of pieces of 2 of her old stained shirts and 2 of my old shirts that were too short. Oh and some tulle and ribbon.

I love the japanese sandals, the "American", and the star stamps I put the brown fabric.

Then I took more old stained shirts and created this ruffle shirt for Whitney.

I made myself this shrug- I had cut off the bottom of the white shirt to make ruffles on another shirt, which did not turn out well. :) So at least I got this out of it.
flower detail
And my favorite, this was a pair of pants that had a hole in the knee, so I cut them off and made a skirt and added ruffles. And I LOVE it!

Home Decor: I love this frame I bought in Mexico for like a dollar, but I wasn't using it for anything, so I came up with this little ribbon-and-stuffed-heart deal. I was going to hang it on my front door but I didn't want it to get wet.
This is one of three panels I bought at Walmart a couple of years ago for $10 total. We don't like it anymore so I had considered giving it to DI.
But instead I got this idea from makeit-love-it.com and now we have this wall hanging. I need to find a different middle fabric though. I love it close up (see below) and it's this cool fake leather, but on the wall it's too dark and boring.
close up of the middle brown
And my old/new/forever favorite, flowers!
I've had these shoes for about 10 years and never really liked them. But I rescued them out of the DI pile for this! Left is before and right is after! These are just clipped or pinned on, I still want to try to make a ruffle instead, or mod poge some fabric on (see makeit-loveit) to cover the whole ugly color of the shoes. Eric thinks it's the ugliest color on the planet, and I almost agree.
I made little flowers for this necklace, and more big ones for a belt, and it was suggested to me that I make a ring. So I will!
And my newest excitement, last night my friend heather showed me how to make the rosettes she sells on etsy, woo-hoo! I never thought I would love tulle and flowers, but here are the girls and I in our new flowers!



Ah, so much fun...

8 comments:

  1. so cool!!! i want to make crafty things! i am impressed with your ruffles and flowers on your shirts and shoes, super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! Love it all....especially the cute hair flowers for the girls. I'd love to learn how to do that. You are talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. um...WHAT THE HECK AMAZING!!! seriously. how long are you staying at mom's because we have to devote like an entire day to you teaching me how to make all that cool stuff. once again my big sister takes the coolness cake. =o]

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so stinking crafty! I need to you to teach me how to make the flower clips/headbands. Maybe you could teach my mom and I together since I just read she wants to know too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. and about the cupcakes- use a toothpick =o]

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing craftiness. I want to make the dress you did for Katelyn, I'll call you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE remaking thing! You are really great at it too.

    ReplyDelete