Friday, May 10, 2024

Pretty Fall

 Our trees in fall!  The picture doesn't do it justice.  Each leaf as vibrant as this one!

In beautiful fall, Maris and Emma ran in the BYU race! Emma took 4th in the 400!
Screenshots from the video: She got off to a great start. And Maris ran almost the whole way with her! Very cute.
She was tired but she powered through. Such a good run for a girl who doesn't like running haha.
Maris had an amazing start in the 800 too!  She looks so strong when she runs!
But the 800 is a pretty long race for her. she held on, then kicked the last 100.
And ended up taking 6th? with a great time of 3:24. And she beat somebody at the line which is awesome.

Whitney and I made it a tradition, going on a Fall Break Hike the 2nd year in a row while the other kids are in school. 

Yay so pretty!

gorgeous leaf tunnel!
And the photo shoot :)  I love my Whitney!
I ran maybe one of my favorite races ever!  It was a trail race up in Sandy- SO pretty!  Here's me at the finish- I won my age group, and was the 7th woman.  1:55:46. Which is slow, but great for a trail half!
I took a few pictures during the race because I couldn't help myself, it was so beautiful!  At one point (well 2, it was an out-and-back) we had to cross this log bridge!
And jump over this log!  Most of the race was on gorgeous leaf-strewn single track trails like this.  Hard for passing but SO fun to run on!
This mile long giant hill was steeper than it looks- I ended up walking, as did everyone else! But then- we got to run down it, which was also difficult haha. Totally going to do that race again.
Loved the hike with Whitney so much that I had to take the younger kids on one too the next Friday.  Here's gorgeous Payson Canyon!

We did the Grotto in like 5 minutes!
So we went and hiked a little up Forebay, the mountain biking trail. 
Should I be taking pictures while driving?  No, I should not!

No comments:

Post a Comment