Friday, June 19, 2009

Brenna!!

This week I got to spend 24 hours with one of my favorite people in the world- Brenna came to visit me! I haven't seen her since her wedding day almost 5 years ago, but before that we were roommates our freshman year and again our senior year at BYU. We've kept in touch since then, but it was so fun to see her and her cute son and talk and catch up. We didn't even go anywhere or do anything, we just sat around and played with our kids and talked, it was great!


The evening she was here it rained a little ( as it has almost every day this month, since we live in Seattle, oh wait I mean Utah! What's up?!?) and we got an awesome double rainbow. As you can see in these pictures. Oh and here's Brenna's little boy, he was holding his hands up feeling the rain looking like "what is going on??"
By the way he is a sweet boy with amazing musical talents for an 18 month old. My girls loved playing with him. And it was so fun to see Brenna as a mom, I was reminded of some of the things I learned from her example back when we lived together- she is so kind and patient and uncomplaining! And hilarious! Plus I learned a great new diaper-changing technique for a squirmy child. :) And Eric and I taught her how to cut up a quesadilla for a child into tiny pieces with a pizza cutter. :)
Anyway, thanks Brenna for coming!! Hopefully you'll move out west eventually and we can see each other more often.

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to see you and your cute family. Thanks for being a great host and wonderful friend. That first picture cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete