Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hawaii Post 1- pictures of ME

It's been hard for me to decide how to post about our trip to Maui.  Another Top 10 list?  Day by day?  Themes?  While deciding I looked at my pictures, several times, and discovered something I already suspected but hadn't wanted to admit.... I am a LITTLE obsessed with self-photography!  Roughly 25% of my photos from the trip are selfies, including about 75% of my cell phone pics!  So yeah, I enjoy my reverse-able cell phone camera (even though Eric reminds me it's kind of junky- way worse than the back camera) a LOT, and I can't stop taking pictures of myself!  For some reason it really captures the moment for me, because I was there and I was excited about something, I was looking cute, or whatever. :)  So here's the Selfie Fest.
Waiting to get our rental car--we were in Hawaii!  The humid air, seeing my family all in beautiful leis, it was magic.  Even though we had to wait in an hour-long line to get our car!
 We arrived Thursday afternoon, and Friday morning I couldn't WAIT to get out and run on the BEACH!  I ran 5.5 miles twice while we were there and it was such a fun adventure both times.  I love exploring through running.
 Barefoot running=Heaven!
 another view with the coast behind me
 Me with my silly girls on our downstairs patio- yes it was a 2-story beautiful amazing condo we stayed in a half-mile from the beach!  The view from the upstairs balcony was incredible!

 On our way to the pool one day I managed to capture everyone smiling!!
 cute little messy face!
 mom and kate ice cream date!
 owen laughing at his face on the phone screen!
 back to our arrival (the rest are our real camera pictures- you can tell they are a little more crisp)
 and this is why I don't have many self-photos with whitney!
 At Cheeseburgers in Pardise in Lahaina- super cute restaurant on the ocean.
 Awake bright and early and wanting to go to the beach!
 too busy digging to look up at the camera!
 or to push away my kisses
 at the Luau- you can't really see it but there was a rainbow behind me right over the tree!

 Me and Eric being photo-bombed by Whitney!
 Me and owen in the underwater tunnel at the aquarium looking at sharks!

 on a rope bridge at the pool, a little sunburnt, waiting to take a picture of Eric and the girls on the waterslide
 and trying to get Eric to take a romantic sunset on the beach picture with me.  Oh my.
More fun posts to come!

Oh and Owen's latest- he keeps saying "ah doo-t" as in "I do it" because he wants to do things himself. He knows lots of words to I Love to See the Temple (I will take a video!) and the day after we got back from Hawaii I was telling Eric "we need to give this kid a bath, but I kind of don't want to because he still smells like the beach!" and Owen, who loves baths, perked right up and said "give, kid, a bath, yah!!"  So funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment