Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hansen Reunion Top Ten #2 and #1

#2
The Talent Show
So we had a family talent show, and I knew it would be fun, but I was not expecting the level of preparation!  We had some truly AWESOME acts and it was so entertaining and fun!
THe MacKays performed to the song "Let it Grow" from the Lorax, Stage Musical style.  They all had parts, they had props, and it was so impressive!  Obviously I should have expected no less from my Theater Education Major sister!  
This part was so cute, Natalie spinning Jenna around!
And pretty much we were all trying to hold back the tears by the end as the message of the song sunk in, to "plant a seed" and "let it grow"- seeing the MacKay family TOGETHER up there after all they've been through- it was very sweet.
Then Donny and Christine wowed us with their Epic medley of favorite songs!!
They are the cutest, and Christine is awesome and perfect for Donny!
Then we got a song from the adorable Lydia- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!

Derek showed off his new guitar skills!  He's good!
Caleb and Lydia played a cute game of Catch over on the side...

Natalie Melissa and Jenae sang us a fun song from Wicked

And then we, the Murrays, even with poor sicky Katelyn, sang our funny song.
It's called Hagdalena Magdalena, Katelyn learned it at school. :)  Here's Owen doing the "2 hairs on the top of her head" action, and Whitney and Eric really getting into the singing!
I love this one of me and Eric looking at each other.

We also sang "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home", and Owen says "kiss" at the end, it's SO cute.
And lastly, the Madera Hansens performed a song from "O Brother Where Art Thou", "In Contstant Sorrow", complete with Okie instruments. It was hilarious, you can see Natalie and Whitney couldn't back away!


We love talent shows!

and finally, #1!!
The Campfire!!
This was something I really wanted to make happen, and I'm so glad we did it.  We went up Santaquin Canyon to a campsite and had a somewhat successful shish-kabob dinner and s'mores.  My mom entertained the kids while we were starting the fire and stuff, they played some cute games.  


 The guys celebrated their manhood with the end of their beard-growing contest
And then we gathered around to do our favorite thing, 
SING.
TOGETHER.
 We start with some fun songs, 

 Like the Cowboy Bold!
and progress to our favorite hymns.  

 It's lovely.  It's almost heaven.  We sing in parts. We think we sound great together. And it's the best part of being together- for my siblings and parents and I anyway. :)  Then we ended with a spiritual thought.
I love my family, and I'm so glad we could all be together.


No comments:

Post a Comment