Saturday, February 27, 2010

short track

My new favorite sport: short track speed skating. How could anyone not LOVE this!? How could you not be entertained? So crazy and exciting. And the relay? Wow.
I've been obsessed with the Olympics since I was like 10 years old, when me and Allison used to pretend to be figure skaters in our roller skates on our driveway. We spent hours making up routines! I spent many nights dreaming of being on that podium listening to my national anthem.
And now I just spend hours in awe of the talent of others. As I watch them excel, I just think of the years of working out for hours every day that it took them to get to that point. AMAZING. So here's to all the athletes of the Olympics. Even the ones that got 39th place or whatever. I salute you.

I am so sad to say goodbye to the Olympics for 2 years. But it will be nice to go to bed before 11:30. Oh and one last shout-out to our DVR. Love it. Every night we tape the Olympics primetime, then put our girls to bed and get other things done before starting them at 9 or so and fast-forwarding through all the commercials! Hooray!

6 comments:

  1. Speed skating is amazing to watch! I also love the Olympics and have been watching them. My new favorite sport to watch during the Winter Olympics is Snowboard Cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here! I got sucked into watching until at least midnight for the first couple days and then ultimate tiredness conquered me in the afternoons, so I had to cut back. I'm jealous of your DVR, but at the same time I need my sleep.

    I can just imagine you and Allison making up your skating routines--cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally remember you guys doing that, and making up asian contestants and making their routines horrible, ahah. pink skates, definitely remember

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night Matthew was lamenting the fact that it was the last night of the Winter Olympics 2010. He loved these past two weeks and we did too. It is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah "heidi and heather"... the undiscovered US pair skating champions. i think when katrina got skates we let her be in some of the routines as "holly". ha ha ha such good times. we loved watching the olympics too but i wish we could have fast forwarded through all the comercials. and i couldn't handle staying up late most of the nights because if caleb was asleep there was no way i was staying up on purpose. i wish they would have shown more of the award ceremonies too, because i love hearing the national anthem and seeing the athlete's dreams come true. i didn't know it was your dream though. i guess that is why families are forever- you can never stop learning about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olympics are great! DVR is a life and sleep saver! i love pausing live TV to get people to listen to me!!!I love forwarding through the commercials!!!!!!! but mostly it is glenn beck.

    ReplyDelete