Monday, February 8, 2010

new car!!!

Here she is! isn't she a beauty??? Meet our new (used) Mazda 5! The coolest mini-minivan ever!
It seats 6, with 3 rows of two. You can kinda see the back row here
or there, behind the car seats. And yes, that's a built-in DVD player. I remember the first time I saw one of those, and I thought I'd never have a car with one because they're for "rich people". :)
It also has a SUNROOF, a 6-CD changer, and sliding doors with windows that roll down!! Maybe I'm behind the times but I've never seen that before! I remember hating that about vans, you're sitting in the back and all you can get is an inch of air with those windows that popped out a little. Oh and I think the back is so cute. AND it fits in the garage with our Accord, barely! (not in the picture below)
Hooray for having a second car at last!!!!! It's been so weird to not plan which days I'll have the car, to not have to move car seats constantly from Eric driving carpool or me driving to Young Womens activities. I feel frivolous driving to storytime or the park, places I'd usually just run to. I feel so free. :) Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! I've thought that about built-in DVD players, too, but I could definitely change my mind. Here's to your new freedom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! That is a great looking car! That is actually a minivan I would consider driving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I had no idea that van windows could roll down. How cool!

    ReplyDelete