Monday, March 24, 2014

March

Here are all the random things I took pictures of in the end of February/beginning of March:
the Cravens came to hang out for a few hours one day, and it was so fun!  Lydia is such a big girl, creating tea parties and everything!  
 But mostly the kids were enthralled with Ryder (sorry Katrina I didn't take the time to edit out the red eyes!!)  since we're expecting a baby and all.  He is ADORABLE.  and he loves me haha!
 Yay for cousins!  Katelyn did play with them too for a little while, she was good at making Lydia laugh but she's not too interested in babies. :)  Poor lonely oldest cousin!!  But she was fine up in her room reading, she didn't feel bad that there was no one her age, I just did!  But I guess that's what I get for marrying someone who's also the oldest in their family!
 Here is Owen in a sweater my Grandmom knitted for him, he's finally grown into it!

 a cool hairstyle I did on Katelyn one day...
 Owen's always like "mom, take a picture of me!" so here are a couple of those:

 And the momentous occasion arrived: Owen got a big boy bed!  The kids enjoyed helping Eric put it together.

 And I enjoyed putting together a quick quilt for it!  Seriously it was probably the fastest sewing project of my life!  I decided to do some simple strips, bought the fabric on Tuesday (tools, trucks, basketballs, and minky), cut it on Wednesday, sewed the top on Thursday and Friday, and since Eric suddenly decided to build the bed on Saturday, I spent most of the day Saturday quilting it so he could sleep with it that night!  I just did some big zig-zags down each strip to quilt it together, and used an old sheet for the back and trim.
 I was pretty sad to see the crib go- my baby is growing up!  and his last night in the crib I didn't even KNOW it was the last night!  So for his last nap I kept peeking in there to see him one more time and I realized how HUGE he was in that crib!  It was kind of sad too, he was excited about the new bed but when he woke up the first morning he cried for a while and kept saying we should go to the store and get him another crib!  I'm glad we didn't move the crib right into the baby's room at first, because he probably would have wanted to sleep in it still, or he would have been upset that she stole it from him or something!  (It's taken apart in the basement for now).  He's fine now but it took him a few days to get used to it, obviously, since he's had the crib his whole life, that's all he's ever known!  One night he came into our room crying 4 times, and a couple of times he has come out several times during nap time, but I think overall he's getting the hang of it and he's only fallen off a couple of times.
 The girls have been looking so cute for church lately, I really need to take a picture like every Sunday!  Here they are a couple of weeks ago:
 that day I did a special hairdo on Katelyn:  Anna's coronation day hairdo from the movie Frozen!  Her braid over the front was pretty small, but other than that it looked pretty good.  Thank you cutegirlshairstyles.com!
 And here's proof that I actually do DO Owen's hair- almost every day actually!  Any time we leave the house!  Apparently I only take pictures at home though, so his cute spiky hair never gets documented!
 St. Patrick's Day!  We had a treasure hunt made by a leprechaun and green waffles, and yes it is still dark outside!  It is light by the time I take the girls to the bus stop at 7:45, but this was at like 7:15am.
 Cutie Whitney in her green outfit
 Kate was annoyed because I made her unzip her jacket to take a picture of her green clothes haha, and Owen refused to wear green!
I finally finished sewing for my baby girl: 
a car seat cover so people will know it's a girl- since our car seat is green!
 New crib bumper that I LOVE!
 the other side- love the owls!
 and an awesome blanket for stroller rides/picnics/soccer games/laying on her floor etc. Her room already has green walls, so I went with hot pink, purple and green for all her stuff.  The blanket and crib bumper are minky/felt/cotton.
 And here's our little Newsie boy in this adorable outfit he got for Christmas from Grandma!!  I thought it was too big but tried it on and it fit!  He wore it once and now we're going to save it for Easter. :)


1 comment:

  1. you are quite the seamstress! and own looks adorable in that outfit!! I am dying to get one for Ryder now!!

    ReplyDelete