Monday, March 24, 2014

February

I keep thinking I have nothing to post about, but then I looked at my camera and saw all these pictures!  Boy am I glad I captured these moments so now I can save them!  Just a bunch of random stuff from February:

Owen in his "basketball clothes" he got for his birthday- he has to wear the whole ensemble together, it's hilarious.
 Whitney in the play dress I made for Katelyn.  I love to see her in all of Katelyn's old clothes, and now that we're having another girl we'll get to do it all again!
 The Olympic cake me and Owen made for Opening Ceremony night!
 Katelyn and Whitney helped with the frosting.  The kids actually enjoyed the Opening Ceremonies more than I thought they would!  We had the globe out and looked up each country as they came out, and the girls liked the big dance performances.  As for the actual Olympics, they watched some, but got bored of the skiing pretty quickly!  I enjoyed the snowboard cross and free skiing and of course short track speed skating.
 Eric took Owen to a BYU Basketball game, so cute.
 We did fun Valentine Heart hairdos for Valentine's Day!




 One day Whitney decided to make herself a salad for a snack, haha!  Her body must have been really needing those greens, she ate a lot of it!
 Owen has started looking at books on his own more, making up stories and songs to go along with them.
 We have been cleaning out a lot of junk in preparation to move my craft and sewing stuff and some toys to the basement, the rest of the toys into the new toy closet or the family room or Owen's room, the girls and all their STUFF down to the toy room, the crib and nursing couch into the girls' room, and the big brown chair and Owen's new bed into Owen's room.  Before the baby comes.  oh and we're finally going to finish the new bathroom (the shower and baseboards).  So anyway, the first step was de-junking the basement, and one project I did was go through and get rid of about half of my remaining teaching stuff.  This crate is all that made the cut!  I was just going to throw this away, because seriously I don't think I will be a full-time teacher again, and even if I was all this stuff is probably outdated!  But it ended up that Donny wanted to at least check out my lesson plans- skim through them for ideas.  (he'll be doing his student-teaching in the fall- History!)  That made me feel good, and I was able to pass them off to him and feel totally good about the end to my teaching career. :)
 Katelyn lost her 7th tooth in a funny way- the kids were out on the deck eating apples and suddenly Katelyn's yelling "mom! mom!" and she runs in with her mouth open and a handful of half-chewed apple--and a tooth!  It came out when she bit the apple, and it was funny because it wasn't even the tooth we thought was loose, it was the other side!  Once again the tooth fairy forgot to come, so she got paid double the second night! :)
More random pictures from March coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. okay i LOVE all these kidbits. I miss the girls!!
    i didn't know you were moving all the bedrooms for the baby, and i'm really excited to see it all when i come for the summer! Eric is such a good handyman!
    Owen is the cutest human on earth, seriously.
    and your hair is getting so long!!! and i love your baby bump!!!

    ReplyDelete