Friday, May 11, 2012

the whitney is four!

here are some highlights of her awesome day.  
hello lightsabers!  thanks grammy and Grandpa Jamie! she generously gave the red one to Katelyn.  they don't really battle with them, just carry them around.  Have I mentioned that Whitney is a carry-around-er?  At any given moment she has several things that go with her everywhere.  and right now the blue lightsaber is one of them.
 she was totally not expecting this sweet blue scooter from Grandma and Grandpa Murray!  
 Here she is at 7am on her birthday saluting me before trying out her scooter for the first time.  
 wearing their light sabers.
I should also explain Whitney's very unique shirt.:)  A few weeks ago she kept telling me that for her birthday she wanted a shirt with her 3 favorite things on it: rainbows, pigs, and treasure.  She obviously adores pigs, and rainbows have been a favorite for a while- she only likes things if they are VERY colorful.  Treasures are a fairly new, but somewhat established thing of importance for her.  So I decided, what better way to document WHITNEY at this age?  Well, first I told her that "they don't make those kind of shirts, but we could try to look for one" so she wouldn't be planning on it.  Then I took a large pink T-shirt that I bought last year at Wal-Mart for $1 and cut it up to make a smaller T-shirt.  I used scraps for the rainbow, the rainbow pig, and the treasure box, then glued some jewels in there for fun.  And it was all worth it when she opened the shirt and delightedly exclaimed "Mom, you did it!!!"  and immediately put it on.  I felt like a million bucks. :)  I love this animated, sweet, crazy, extreme, smart and helpful little girl of mine.  And I would, obviously, do just about anything for her. 
kate's first missing tooth on the bottom!
 Whitney with her last surprise, a bike that Dad picked out!  She loves it and feels and LOOKS 
so grown-up on it!
 the birthday party- having races in the backyard- Whit, Tyson, Bekah, Wyatt and Maren
 The next activity she wanted to do was a bingo game
 Thank you to our official photographer, Aunt Katrina!  She and Lydia were with us for the day and it was SO fun.  I'm so sad I didn't have them take a picture with the birthday girl!
 Kate was the only one who would wear her pig nose,
 or participate in the pig slop eating contest!
 Whitney with her friend from dance class, Maren.
 she blew out those 4 candles!  
 the pig cake- did I mention it was a pig party? of course it was.
after the party we did her other activities of choice- the dollar movies and dinner at McDonalds with a playplace.  And Eric was with us all afternoon because it was a Friday, woo-hoo!  We also got to talk to family in Madera and Japan on Skype- what a great invention.
a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment