Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The boy room at last

Here's a final tribute to the cute purple room both of the girls slept in at one time or another. It's been our "reading room" for the last year and we've loved it. But it was time for the purple to go! We have now re-painted every room in our house except the master bedroom and the toy room!
We went with a gray and blue room for our little boy. Here's the light switch cover and a glimpse of the amazing job Eric did making the line between the colors perfect!
Here's the view from the door- we kept the reading corner intact for now. I made the curtain and the fabric in frames.
My favorite thing ever- the nursing couch! I made a new boppy cover because my old one was pink and flowery and did not match the room! We love the basketball lamp. And the BYU blanket was Eric's contribution to the decor. The white canvas sitting on top of the couch will be hung on the wall shortly.
An up-close of my canvas project: It was my first time
a) using my Silhouette Cameo
b)making a stencil
c)painting with a stencil
and d)painting on canvas.
It's not perfect but I love it. And I made up the saying myself. I should trademark it and sell it. :)
The undecorated wall and the crib. You already know I made the bumpers, but I also made the crib skirt. Sadly the cute line of trains and cars on it is perfectly blocked by the bottom bar of the crib. At least when we lower the mattress someday you'll be able to see them!
Crib close-up. He's going to be so tiny in there at first!
On this wall will go a name decoration when I finish it, and we're pretty sure it will say OWEN! We love other names too but this just feels right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment