Monday, September 12, 2011

freckles

This is the top of my arm.

I am so behind on blogging, and this is the post I choose to do first??
Well, yes. Because I have to announce that this summer I got the best tan I've had in years.
Thank you swimming lessons and the resulting desire to swim a couple of times a week for the rest of the summer!
Thank you Mexico trip that gave me a head start!
And thank you weather for actually giving us a hot enough August.
The top of my legs are actually a shade darker than my stomach. Shocking! and so vain of me to care!
Anyway, I've been enjoying my freckles. And I remembered that last summer at the Hansen Family Reunion Donny had been surprised at how many freckles I had on my shoulders. I love my freckles. And then a couple of weeks ago in church, Katelyn leaned over to me and said " mom I have 7 freckles on my arm!" and I said, "cool! do you want to count the freckles on my arm now?" I held it out and she put her finger up to count but then stopped and said "whoa, that's way too many!" and it made me laugh, and smile.
I love summer and freckles. I'm going to miss them both.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Caleb can't wait to get more "spots" as he gets older. He has two currently, and he knows that my arm has "too many to count."

    ReplyDelete