Thursday, November 17, 2022

Winter Sports Showcase

Whitney decided not to play on the Salem Bantam team again this year- it was too stressful. She ended up playing one last season of basketball, on the ALA Junior High team!  They were terrible, haha. But she had a lot of fun and was chill about it. I was thrilled because Ellie Walquist was on the team, so I took the opportunity to sit by and get to know her parents! They have incredible kids all my kids' ages, and I have been wanting to be friends with the mom, Ruth, for years! So that basketball season was a blessing for me just for that reason, it started a friendship that has grown since.
Also Whitney played great and was a good teammate, so win/win!

Maris enjoyed playing "basketball" too!

This was Owen's soccer team's service project, Valentine's Day decor for a rest home. The masks are so weird to see 9 months later!! They were was cute and had fun doing it.


More of Maris!  She had fun!

Emma tried gymnastics (since she was already doing 100 cartwheels a day at home!) and loved it! She learned a round off and handstand before we took a break for the summer.  Now in the fall she is working on her handstand to back bridge, and back bridge to a handspring.

Indoor season was super fun for Whit!  She loves getting to score a few goals on the shorter field and occasionally play different positions.

Whitney helped with a few Hershey track timings in March! Since it was during her Student Government class that I needed help. This is Owen's class, he's on the far left. I'm so glad she stayed at ALA as long as she did, so things like this could happen!
4 of the kids did ice skating, it was fun! Emma learned a lot.
Maris and Owen both got faster.

Katelyn really worked on turns, and looked cool doing it!

A little more indoor soccer!  Whitney going down to score:
Whitney and Eric put together a 5v5 team for a tournament in Orem in March.  It was SO fun and they won!! This is a rare picture- Whitney and Eric sitting on the bench together!

UVU tournament champs!! Abby, Whitney, Rylee, Megan, Ruby and Avary

And last but not least, I convinced the city to have a boys volleyball league!  They had a pretty good turnout for their first year!  I had fun but Owen didn't love it, I don't think he will play again. But I'm glad he tried it, and he could totally overhand serve as a 4th grader- none of our girls have been able to do that! 

I guess I should have included skiing in winter sports-- they went 10+ times!  I got to go once and it was fun, but still scary for me.  But Eric has gotten his wish, all 4 older kids LOVE it and want to go ALL THE TIMES. I am proud of them for being brave and active!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment