Sunday, July 7, 2019

The Murrays Visit the Atlantic Ocean and Eat an Entire Key Lime Pie (Murray Reunion in Orlando Day 2)

To start out day 2 I went on an early morning run and saw a real crocodile/alligator!  (I don't know which they have in Florida!) In a marshy area only a half mile from our house!  It looked closer in real life lol.  It was just funny because Eric was teasing me the day before that if I went running by myself that an alligator was going to get me....and then I really saw one!!  After that I always looked when I was running or whenever we would drive by there, and we never saw him again. But Eric and the kids named him Chompy (to go along with the pet crab Pinchy we found in Hawaii 5 years ago lol) and talked about him the whole time.  It was awesome.

We contemplated not going to the beach once we were there, because it would be more driving (we thought 2 hours) and we wanted to spend time at the awesome house and no one else of the Murrays wanted to go to the beach.  BUT then we found out it was only an hour and 15 minutes, and I REALLY wanted to go to the Atlantic Ocean!!  So Eric agreed to let the kids vote and it was unanimous, they all wanted to go!  So we went and IT WAS AWESOME.  My second favorite day. 








We rented boogie boards for an hour, but the waves were wimpy compared to the Pacific.  But everything else was awesome- the water was warmer, there's humidity in the air so you don't dry off and freeze when you get out of the water... it was so crazy and cool to not be cold at all at the beach!


West Coasters at the Atlantic!
There are so many bugs in Florida FYI. When we got back to the car the kids saw all the bugs we had hit on the way to the beach and they were SO grossed out haha

We finished out our beach time with a trip to the famous Ron Jon's Surf Shop in Coco Beach, and then spotted a shop called the Key Lime Pie Company.  Well we were in Florida, and we hadn't really had lunch, so.... we bought a pie.  And ate the ENTIRE thing in one sitting in this cute gazebo!!  I didn't think we were really going to finish it but with all 7 of us we pulled it off!!
And then 3 out of 5 kids crashed on the way back to the house.
then finished off the day in the theater room. Maris, jayda and Emma.


No comments:

Post a Comment