Tuesday, August 21, 2012

first grade

things we've learned from Kate's first 2 days of first grade:
1. Kate can actually wake up before 9am!
2. I probably shouldn't give her a special new back-to-school bracelet because she will probably lose it on the bus and spend her whole first day crying and worrying about it. :( Also she may be so excited about lunch recess that she leaves her lunchbox in the cafeteria and then has to worry about that lost item too!
3. Her teacher is awesome. She looked for and found both items after school (after I couldn't find them!) and texted me to tell me. Big bonus points!
4. Katelyn's habit of writing me little notes when she's upset about something will indeed carry over to school. Her teacher told me she wrote on her math paper "I want to call my mom and go home" when she was sad about her bracelet.
5. Katelyn loves school! Day 2 was great, partly because she got to try out the "reading station" for the first time. She has cute friends and a fun teacher and loves all-day school. :)

1 comment: