Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thoughts

So my little brother Derek's best friend Landon Gugliemana died in a car crash a few days ago. He fell asleep at the wheel driving back to school from Thanksgiving Break. He was a great, Christian kid, I only met him once or twice but I have heard about him constantly from my family for the last 6 years. Derek's in the MTC right now preparing to serve a mission in Denver, so he isn't going to the funeral, it's so sad. But he wrote a letter for one of my other brothers to read at the funeral. So I'm just sad for my brother and my family and Landon's family, and proud of Derek for the testimony he has. He said in a letter to my family that he loved Landon and will miss him for the rest of his life, but he knows he will see him again and he's excited for that day when he returns home to his Heavenly Father and Landon will be there waiting for him.

So I've just been thinking a lot lately about how grateful I am for all my family and friends, and also how grateful I am to KNOW that death is not the end! Our spirits live on and we will be resurrected! There is a heaven and a life after this one. I am so glad that Derek and the rest of my family, and Landon's family know this.

Also Eric and I talked about never driving after midnight again! We go to California all the time and we just need to be careful, even if the weather is good. Landon was only 30 minutes from his school when he crashed, he probably just thought he could make it, he was wearing his seat belt and everything, and the girl with him in the car was fine, but he died. And it could happen to us. So please everyone I love be careful as you travel for the holidays this year. I promise we will be too.

3 comments:

  1. Please give your family our deepest sympathy as they face this loss--especially Derek. Our thoughts are with them at this time. Life is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad. I can't imagine how that must feel to lose someone you love. I don't really like to think about it, it makes me too sad. Even with the testimony I have of eternal families I can imagine the pain at the lose being so excruciating. We'll keep Derek and his friend's family in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are such a sweetheart! thanks for your testimony!

    ReplyDelete